How do you follow that long list of “consumer friendly” instructions on food and exercise? Should you stick them to your fridge? Write a new one on your hand each day? Chant them in your sleep? Find them in your Alphabet soup? There must be some better options!
If you’re looking for some easier ways to follow the Dietary Guidelines, read on. ..there are just 3 simple steps:
1. Consume nutrient-dense foods
"Consume a variety of nutrient-dense foods and beverages within and among the basic food groups."
To follow this guideline you need to know what a “nutrient-dense” food is. A nutrient-dense food is one that supplies a significant amount of the six nutrients (carbohydrates, fat, protein, vitamins, minerals, and water) for the number of calories consumed. For example, an apple is nutrient-dense because you get carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and water for less than 100 calories. A can of coke, on the other hand, is not; you consume only added sugar, caffeine, preservatives and water for 160 calories.
When you’re trying to figure out the nutrient density of a food, a good rule-of-thumb is to ask yourself how this particular food is processed. In general, the more “whole” a food is, or the closer it is to its “natural” form, the more nutrient-dense it will be. For example, a potato is more nutrient-dense than a bag of potato chips.
If you follow this guideline and opt for nutrient-dense foods you’ll find that you feel fuller for less calories. This helps with weight control. Altadrine Soup, by Alta Care Laboratoires, Paris is a fibre based, organic, easy and quick to prepare nutrient-dense food supplement. Altadrine Soup is packed with minerals, vitamins and nutritious substances and contains very few calories. Altadrine Soup may replace a meal, or even a snack, and you may have as much as you would like to.
Simply mix 5 tablespoons of Altadrine Soup in a bowl of boiling water, stir well…and eat up! Feel free to season Altadrine Soup to your liking – salt, pepper, curry…Altadrine Soup contains no added salts or sugars and the taste is completely neutral.
2. Balance calories in with calories out
"To maintain a body weight in a healthy range, balance calories from foods and beverages with calories expended."
“Calories expended”? Sound like you’re doing your monthly budget? Actually, that’s a great way to apply this crucial guideline – only in this case you don’t want to save anything; this is strictly an expense account!
Every day you have a certain “budget” in your “calorie account”. This is the number of calories you need to live and grow at a healthy weight; based on factors such as gender, age, height, and weight. It usually ranges from 1200 to 2000 calories per day. Your aim is to keep that calorie account as balanced as possible. So, if you spend a few extra calories, i.e. by exercising more than usual, you can top off your account by eating some more. If, on the other hand you add more calories to your account by eating too much, you need to go out and spend the extras on some exercise!
These tips should help you with your calorie budgeting:
• If you add more calories to your account by eating too much...Altadrine Tablets is your answer. Altadrine Tablets are 100% pure fat burning tablets which work on the body fat, converting it into energy…just like exercise! Altadrine Tablets contain Citrus Aurantium, extracted from the Seville orange –a plant fat burning extract. Take 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet mid-afternoon and let Altadrine Tablets do all the work for you!
• Altadrine Fruit & Vegetable Tablets contain high doses of fibre, helping the body absorb the fat consumed from food, acting as a natural fat blocker. The fibre also helps one to have regular, healthy bowel movements, which means no bloated stomachs! One should take one orange fruit tablet in the morning and one green vegetable tablet in the evening.
3. Eat your greens (and your reds and yellows and purples)
"Consume a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables. Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables each day."
In other words… Eat Your Greens! But here’s a hint – the second part of this guideline will help you up your intake considerably. If you opt for a “variety of fruits and vegetables” each day, you’ll find it’s much easier to consume more. Consider a fruit and vegetable buffet. Everyone knows that you eat more at buffets than you do at regular restaurants because there is a greater selection. It works the same with your daily spread of fruits and vegetables – the more variety, the merrier your health!
The guidelines recommend two cups of fruit and two and a half cups of vegetables per day for a 2000 calorie intake – that’s equivalent to 5-9 servings a day. Just one simple hint to reach your goal in the easiest way possible:
• Altadrine Fruit & Vegetable Tablets are food supplements with fruit & vegetables in a fibre base that completes a varied and well-balanced diet. Altadrine Fruit & Vegetable Tablets contain 6 types of fruits and 6 types of vegetables which guarantee a complete contribution of essential nutritive elements. The green tablet, which is the vegetable tablet, contains concentrates of carrot, spinach, spiruline, broccoli, tomato and beetroot. The orange tablet, the fruit tablet contains concentrates of grapefruit, pineapple, prickly pear, orange, blueberry and papaya. Water is extracted from fruit & vegetable without ever using heat, thereby preserving the antioxidants, enzymes, fibres, vitamins and minerals – the good stuff that is so hard to get in our normal diets. Altadrine Fruit & Vegetable Tablets are made up of just fruit and vegetables grown in pristine conditions, tested and harvested at their peak nutritional value. Altadrine Fruit & Vegetable contains no additives, fillers, added salts or sugars. One box contains 40 tablets, 20 green vegetable tablets and 20 orange fruit tablets. One should take one orange fruit tablet in the morning and one green vegetable tablet in the evening. The recommended dose provides the antioxidant equivalent of 8 fruit and vegetables daily.
The ALTADRINE Range, by Alta Care Laboratoires, Paris, offers unique weight-control solutions in an innovative, efficient manner.